Monday, November 13, 2017

Great perspective paper on WikiPathways!


At some point a new column called "WikiPathways" appeared in my annotation columns in Proteome Discoverer -- and I've found the column pretty useful in helping me make sense of these filtered down differential protein lists.

As of yet, I haven't seen this cool resource make its way to Compound Discoverer, but I'm gonna guess I'll see it soon.

For a great perspective on what this is -- and why we should care about it -- check out this short and interesting paper in Nucleic Acids Research here.


In the end any if any of these big data tools like gene ontology, annotated pathway analysis, yeast 2 hybrid (...I'm stretching it a little bit here...) are going to help me get to the question from a global dataset I'm probably going to try it.  And if it can integrate genetic observations with the ones our instruments are making -- even better!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Ben,

    Thank you for the kind words in your blog. If you ever need help on working with WikiPathways, or have ideas to improve the combination of our big data tool with your datasets, please let us know!

    Kind regards,

    Denise Slenter (PhD candidate Maastricht University)
    denise.slenter@maastrichtuniversity.nl

    ReplyDelete