Sunday, July 9, 2017

NetProt: A new R package for complex-based feature selection


I'm not going to embarrass myself by trying to explain this paper. I'm just going to throw it out there because I recognize the value this R package provides in making some really complicated stuff a little more accessible

Protein Complex Based Feature Selection (PCBFS) has shown some really good results in some previous proteomics studies. This is the big data stuff where our classical approaches may not matter as much (by classical I mean - ID this peptide, quantify this peptide). One particular value in the approach is that it helps with batch effects.

NetProt is an attempt to make PCBFS somewhat more approachable to everyone else by integrating 5 different approaches into an R package. Seems like a nice step in the right direction to me! You can check it out in this month's JPR here.


No comments:

Post a Comment