Sunday, March 20, 2016

Unsupervised quality control!


I LOVE quality control (you may see evidence of this fact here and there in this blog). Most of the stuff that you'll see, however, is what I think would be considered "supervised QC". Not 100% on that actually.

This page gives a breakdown of what is supervised and what is unsupervised learning in statistics. And it uses the disembodied head of George Clooney to drive the point home (??)  So it is probably better to say this: QC software that I've seen before have been more of a supervised type. That there are specific compounds or paramters that the software is told to look for.

In this new paper from Wout Bittremieux et al., this team describes a suite of tools they have developed that are for unsupervised QC. Seems like you have to do a whole lot less up-front planning to keep watch over how your experiments are going!  That's the up-side. The down-side is that these tools were developed in Python....


You can access these tools at Github here!

3 comments:

  1. Sure it is, for you smart people who can use it! I'm done learning stuff. I need a GUI!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure it is, for you smart people who can use it! I'm done learning stuff. I need a GUI!

    ReplyDelete