Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Proteome Discoverer with Prosight nodes!


Holy cow.  It's almost 3 and I don't think I've left this desk once today....but look what I've got to show for it!  Told you this stuff is real!  I've got a great big solid state hard drive full of RAW files and I'm just trying to break Proteome Discoverer 2.0.  Where are there bugs in this beta copy?  Where does it crash?  Where are the problems?  You know what?  I'm several hours in and I've got nothing to show for it.  This package is looking solid!  If the lawyers wrap up everything, the current plan is to have it out everyone in January.  Stuff happens, but I hope that we can all be running things through this next month!

There are more potential nodes than what I have right now, but this is what I'm focusing on tonight.  I'm just now crunching into the new Prosight nodes for the first time!

2 comments:

  1. According to GenomeWeb, Proteome Discoverer 2.0 was released in 2012. I am confused.

    https://www.genomeweb.com/informatics/downloads-and-upgrades-skyline-software-genedata-expressionist-msx-proteome-disc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dario,
    Proteome Discoverer 2.0 has not yet been released. The GenomeWeb article is mistaken. Release should be soon, however!

    ReplyDelete